Thursday, November 6, 2008

Autumns Splendor

The leaves are once again changing to all those beautiful colors that fall seems to bring.
You can not help but admire the vast array of red, gold, and orange.
I find myself wanting to linger and admire the beauty in the crisp cool air.
Spring is always pretty , with the new buds and blooms , but autumn just offers something so very special of its own.
Even those who typically do not care for the beauty of nature seem to be awed by the display that this season brings.

As the weather cools it also reminds me that the Holidays are approaching,rather quickly.
I find myself torn between wanting to shop until I drop and get my gift list knocked out, or just enjoy the evenings with a cup of warm cocoa or cider. (Neither which are very healthy, but they are fun!)

It also starts the season of baking and gift making, which leaves me torn.
As we get ready to make our treats I would prefer to make raw vegan dishes for our friends, BUT I doubt that it would be enjoyed by all the recipients and the cost of doing so would also drastically alter our plans for making treats as gifts.

So... I think I will stick with tradition here and make those things that are pleasing to most palates. I will however modify recipes to a healthier version, wherever possible.

I hope that you are all enjoying the weather and your families.

Try not to get to busy to enjoy the Season.

1 comment:

Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

Yes, it is a very pretty time of year here. I just love all the colors.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson