I am so HAPPY!!!
Not only have I found the lovely elderberries but also the recipe for cough syrup!!
YEAH!!!
This is the only thing that I have used that hels my youngest daughter, and now I can make it myself!
http://www.alpharubicon.com/primitive/elderberriesnav.htm
www.revver.com/video/953820/elder-elderberry-and-elderberry-cough-syrup
To recap
Take 1 cup elder berries (fresh or dried)into 3 cups boiling water,bring to boil, turn on low, let simmer about 45 minutes. Strain juice through jelly bag, or cheese cloth.
Add to this warm juice 1 cup of honey mix in 16 oz jar add lid and store in fridge.
Feel free to write if you have elderberry recipes to share.
2 comments:
Hello,
This is Dora Renee' Wilkerson. Not sure if it'll show up as me because I am not on my computer BUT it's me..lol..
It's amazing what you can do with elderberries. Wonderful stuff from what I have been reading.
I can't log on to my yahoo groups just yet (well- I can see it but not post on it. I can't recall my password.)
You can eat Maypops (they are the same thing as passion fruit.) They taste good.
I have been told that if you make a tea out of the leaves it makes a STRONG tonic that really relaxes you (another thing I haven't tryed but have been told more then once. Seems like most things fall into that catogory right now..lol..)
I am very glad to see that you are updating your site. I really enjoy reading it.
Dora Renee' Wilkerson
Thanks Dora!
I really like reading yours too!
Post a Comment